Friday, June 10, 2011

Trapped







Author:  Micheal Northrop
My recommended age: 13+
Their recommended age: 12+
Publisher:  Scholastic Press
Number of pages: 240

Publisher’s description:
"The day the blizzard started, no one knew that it was going to keep snowing for a week. That for those in its path, it would become not just a matter of keeping warm, but of staying alive?
Scotty and his friends Pete and Jason are among the last seven kids at their high school waiting to get picked up that day, and they soon realize that no one is coming for them. Still, it doesn't seem so bad to spend the night at school, especially when distractingly hot Krista and Julie are sleeping just down the hall. But then the power goes out, then the heat. The pipes freeze, and the roof shudders. As the days add up, the snow piles higher, and the empty halls grow colder and darker, the mounting pressure forces a devastating decision..."

My thoughts:
 {Note to self: Read ALL of publisher's description BEFORE getting book}.  There.  I didn't see the reference to Kristia and Julia when first reading about it, and I thought, "Wow! This sounds pretty clean".  Coming from that point of mind, I was slightly upset.  My fault though.   Why do all Teen novels HAVE to have that sort of junk in'em?  Can't even ONE SINGLE STINKING novel NOT have teen romance? UGH!!  {Another note to self: Since I am a writer, I will NOT write c**p like that}.  Outside of the annoying romance in there, which, I'll admit, WAS mild, it was an cool (Get it? Cool? get it?...Oh, never mind..) read.  I just wish the TR wasn't in there.
Cons:
 Teen romance.
Pros:
I felt like I was THERE with Scotty the whole time. I actually felt like I was in danger of freezing to death, and we had a shortage of food.  Mr. Northrop is a astounding story teller.
Language:
Some.  That is lame, but I can't remember what the words were, I just remember that there was some. I don't like storing cuss words in my head, KWIM?
Romance and sexual content:
:-/  I think I've expounded on this enough.
Violence:
 A fight breaks out between 2 of the boys.  Both live.
Drugs and drink: 
None to my memory.

Ratings:
Ok, if it wasn't for the Teen romance, I would give this a 5 star. But there was quite a bit in there.  So, sadly, I must knock it down to a:

Where you can buy it at:
I'm going to stop doing this price thing-y. 


*I received this book from Scholastic Publishers.  I was neither paid nor made to do this, but did because I wanted to*


0 Reader views:

Post a Comment

Comments make me very happy!
Whats your thoughts on the book?