Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Legend of Annie Murphy




Author:  Frank E Peretti
My recommended age: 10+
Their recommended age: NA
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Number of pages: 160

Publisher’s description:
"In 1885, the Murphy mine struck gold. According to legend, Annie Murphy killed her husband out of greed, but just before she was to be hanged for the murder, she escaped. Now, a hundred years later, there have been sightings of Annie Murphy's "ghost." The Coopers unwittingly become involved in a mystery that finds them caught between the past and the present."
My thoughts:
Ok...When it starts out, this book is rather creepy.  I read it at night, which made it worse.  It turns out Annie isn't a ghost after all, but I wont go into detail and ruin it all for you.  I like how the Coopers work as a family, and the Dad isn't portrayed as dumb.  Mr. Peretti is an excellent story teller, and knows how to keep your attention.
Cons:
It could be a little scary at first.
Pros:
The Coopers have strong family ties.
It is clean.

Language:
None.

Romance and sexual content:
None.

Violence:
The Cooper's get shot at by the Bad guys, and the baddies end up dying.

Drugs and drink:
None.
Ratings:

 I can read, and enjoy, books meant for a much younger 
crowd then myself.  Like, I LOVE Dr. Seuss.  I think maybe more then my 3-6-8 and 9 YO sisters.  So, this story might be a little 'lame' for older readers, but I still give it a:



Have you every read anything close to Paranormal?

1 Reader views:

Anonymous said...

I like this book the best. I have not read the secret of the dessert stones yet. :( Do you want to borrow more?

~ Kayli

Post a Comment

Comments make me very happy!
Whats your thoughts on the book?