Friday, December 30, 2011

Top 11

I had decided to do something along these lines anyway, but was prompted by some other girl's '11' posts.

These are the top 11 books of 2011:


Why:
I love how Ms. Hartman writes. Ok, that was lame.  I really enjoyed a Christian Novel that had that small thread of romance (small, I say! Like, when I say small I mean like, small).  I love how Miss Hartman is still a young adult herself.  I love how the plot wounded, it had sadness, it had happiness, it had heart pounding moments, and heart stilling ones.  All in all, this is a 100 star novel.

Why:
This book is an allegory, I learned something no other book has ever taught me.  Not to fear the coming 'end times'. Before reading this, I was terrified about the thoughts of persecution, death and harm coming to me because I was a christian. Now, I have a bigger peace inside.  Mr. Black is amazing.


Why:
It's a classic, come on! I love ALL classics. (except Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights).  The romance was cleanly written, the Pimpernel is adore worthy, and the whole lot of it is a magical feel!

Why:
I really don't know.  Maybe it was the tear bringing humor, the strangeness. the sadness, the happiness come the end. I just really enjoyed this, strange, book!








This trilogy (I've yet to read the last) has been the reading highlight of the year! They were so clearly written, so captivating, so other wordly, I have them forever burned into my heart.
That was a bit epic, but I'm the epic reader, so I'm allowed to be exceedingly epic!






My first Fantasy, and I loved it! The fire Priests are to die for!  The plot was wonderful, and I fell head over heels in love!


My first fan fiction I've ever read, and I also loved it!
McCoy is hilarious.
Spock is too.
And My brother and I are not tossing quotes back'n'forth!


The book thief! Ah, this was a masterpiece! Mr. Zusak was just so creative! Having Death narrate just made the book for me!


 The whole Redwall series by Brian Jacques!  I have fallen for the Badgers and Hares. Wot Wot!

the last one:
A entirely weird, but nonetheless, amazing, novel.  I recommend it to EVERYONE!

There is my 11 in 11 list, Have you read any of theses?

2 Reader views:

Marian said...

I read The Scarlet Pimpernel a few years ago, and loved it. :) Sort of like Sherlock Holmes meets A Tale of Two Cities. And now I've got to read "Doctor's Orders"! I've never read any Star Trek novels before, but it sounds like a good one.

Celtic Traveler said...

I've always loved the Redwall books (Sadly, Brian Jacques died this year. I'm still mourning the loss of such a brilliant author.)

Post a Comment

Comments make me very happy!
Whats your thoughts on the book?