Wednesday, March 16, 2011

We Be Big




Author (s):  Rick  Burgess and Bill Bussey
My recommended age: 11+
Their recommended age: NA
Publisher:  Thomas Nelson Publishers
Number of pages:  219

Publisher’s description:

"The story of two unlikely radio hosts and what happened when they followed their faith and instincts.
Rick & Bubba are the most unlikely broadcast stars imaginable, yet hundreds of thousands of loyal listeners start their day with them every morning. Beyond that, they break the biggest no-no rule for secular radio as they openly share their faith in Christ and their common-sense way of looking at the world. Now, in We Be Big: The Mostly True Story of How We Became Rick & Bubba, readers learn how this unlikely pairing came about. Alternately hilarious and heartbreaking, this is also the highly personal story of two men who—like most of us—resisted stepping through the doors God opened for them, opting for the easier path when tested. When they finally decided to follow their instincts and their faith, though, not only did they became amazingly successful, but also a truly powerful platform became theirs."

My thoughts:
I Really enjoyed this book.  The only hic-cup for other readers is, if you don't listen to their radio show, you won't find it as interesting as I did and do.  As soon as I got the book, My family started saying "When you're done with it..." . And right now, Daddy is about to start it.  We love the show and- wait a second, I'm supposed to be review the book, not the show!


Cons:
If you don't listen to the show, you wont like the book.
 Pros:
These guys are born auto-biography writers! Some places made me cry, others laugh.  It was one of the best biography I have EVER read.  It had morals entwined into it, mixed with the story so it isn't preachy.

Language:
 None.
Romance:
Rick and Bubba  both tell of meeting and wooing their wives.
Violence:
 None.
Drugs and drink:
Rick used to be pretty heavy drinker/party-er, so there is that.  
Ratings:
 I Rate this Book 5 STARS for excelling moral entwining, good read and interesting auto-biography, since you can't find many of those. Also for moving places that make you feel emotional.
Where you can buy it at:
You can get it from booksneeze HERE.  In order to get a book from BS, you must have a booksneeze account, but it is free and utterly fun!


*I received this book from booksneeze.com .  If you would like to sign up for reviewing books, go to their website.*

1 Reader views:

The White Queen said...

Okay, I didn't read this post because I haven't even started mine yet. Serious. I didn't read this post.

Post a Comment

Comments make me very happy!
Whats your thoughts on the book?